This dessert should be made at least 8 hours in advance, which is why it is a favorite of mine for a dinner party. Also, guests can serve themselves when they are ready. I make my own bundt cake for the trifle, but a purchased pound cake also works well. A tall glass bowl works well for a trifle both for presentation and the height allows for many layers of cream and berries.
- 1/2 bundt cake or 1 prepared pound cake cut into cubes
- 2 quarts strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided
- 2 cups heavy cream for whipping
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and strawberries. Let stand a bit to create some juice.
- Whip cream to soft peaks and stir in 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Place a layer of cream in the bowl first and then alternate cake and berries and cream until all are used, ending with cream. Cover and refrigerate.
Share this Recipe