July flew by and I guess I have spent the whole month in the garden and at the cabin.  I did work on some fun stitching projects for Ella and Taylor’s rooms that should be ready to share with you next time.

I have little to show you from my sewing room, but did take snapshots of my yard last week. July is the peak for most of the plants in my garden. Some early blooming plants are lingering and the late summer blooms have arrived. Take a few minutes and “stroll” through my garden with me.

SaveSave

26 Comments on GARDEN TOUR

1. Stacy
    August 19, 2017 at 10:52 pm (5 days ago)

I have the Tree Farm Throw pattern, and would like to tell friends where they can purchase one. Any suggestions??? Thank you.

August 22, 2017 at 6:34 pm (2 days ago)

That pattern has long been sold out and out of print. You will have to share your pattern with your friends. Thanks for checking.

2. Annabelle Hammer
    August 12, 2017 at 5:29 am (2 weeks ago)

Such a lovely garden! Thank you for sharing. All the different colors of the flowers are like a scrappy patchwork quilt.

3. Heather danridge
    August 8, 2017 at 3:39 am (2 weeks ago)

Your garden is so beautiful and lush! How do you make it that way?

August 22, 2017 at 6:37 pm (2 days ago)

I try to use plants that have a good history of surviving in our climate and it certainly helps to have a lot of natural moisture…and then there is paying a lot of attention to it I guess. It is definitely a labor of love.

4. JoAnn Brethouwer
    August 6, 2017 at 9:36 am (3 weeks ago)

Breathtaking, amazing, awe inspiring. A comforting display of robust plants and flower bed designs. I saw the Penstimon reaching upwards in one of the photos, it’s one of my favorite perennials.
    The fragrance has to be intoxicating.
    Thank you for sharing your garden of Eden with all of us.

5. Diane Matthews
    August 5, 2017 at 4:09 am (3 weeks ago)

What a wonderful tour! I love your color palette – it makes me feel so lucky that you share your lovely garden. I felt cooler just looking at all the green! We are HOT in Sacramento – 106 and cooking. The hills have all turned golden brown and fire season is in full swing. To look at all your greenery just makes my day!

August 22, 2017 at 6:38 pm (2 days ago)

Not only do we get a nice amount of rain all summer, our nights are pleasantly cooler so everything gets a little rest from the heat of the day….that definitely helps.

6. Mary
    August 4, 2017 at 11:45 pm (3 weeks ago)

Just gorgeous!! Lots of work is evident. Love Mary VE

7. laura barnes
    August 4, 2017 at 11:00 pm (3 weeks ago)

Your garden looks enchanting!

8. Biscotte
    August 4, 2017 at 3:36 pm (3 weeks ago)

Merci pour cette promenade dans votre magnifique jardin !

9. Grace
    August 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm (3 weeks ago)

What a beautiful, lovely, peaceful piece of paradise you have created! I would love to sit in a chair or lie in a hammock with a good book surrounded by the splendor you have created.
    Personally, I confess, I have a black thumb. I don’t know how or why plants come to my home to die. Perhaps the wrong balance of wet or dryness.
    I’m having the surprise of a lifetime watching a sweet potato grow in a glass of water in my windowless kitchen. All I’m doing is keeping the glass full & it’s now sprouting several branches! I feel like a proud Mama.
    Nothing compared to your splendor, however for once a plant is flourishing in my home!

August 22, 2017 at 6:40 pm (2 days ago)

It is a great feeling when a plant responds, no matter how small.

10. Kathleen McKinstry
    August 4, 2017 at 11:45 am (3 weeks ago)

Thank you for sharing these photos with us. What a joy it must be for you to look out a window or door every day and see such beauty!

11. Denise
    August 4, 2017 at 11:17 am (3 weeks ago)

What a beautiful garden you have! Who could blame you for being distracted, or even for living out there!

12. Welton Renee
    August 4, 2017 at 9:03 am (3 weeks ago)

Just beautiful! I’d like to just sit there and enjoy the view !

13. Linda Cortes
    August 4, 2017 at 9:03 am (3 weeks ago)

What a beautiful garden

14. Linda McGraw
    August 4, 2017 at 8:45 am (3 weeks ago)

Nice photos, Lynette. Lovely garden, a little paradise in the middle of town.

August 4, 2017 at 9:01 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks Linda….after the 4 bouts with hail early this spring, most things have recovered (except for the hosta) which I did not photograph. Things always start to go down hill in August unless I cut things back around July 4th and then they have a chance to bounce back. This year I hit most things at the right time.
      It is always a challenge, however.

15. Alison Byron
    August 4, 2017 at 8:23 am (3 weeks ago)

What a joy, you must be so proud. Your garden is beautiful and looks so peaceful.

16. Mary jane
    August 4, 2017 at 8:17 am (3 weeks ago)

Stunning is the best word I can find. Thank you for sharing.

17. Jan
    August 4, 2017 at 7:53 am (3 weeks ago)

Stunning! Thanks for sharing.

18. Ruth Lowe
    August 4, 2017 at 7:49 am (3 weeks ago)

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

19. Chris
    August 4, 2017 at 7:19 am (3 weeks ago)

Beautiful and lush garden love it.

20. Karla Berg Walker
    August 4, 2017 at 7:01 am (3 weeks ago)

Lovely, peaceful garden! Thank you for sharing!

21. Kathryn Hemstead
    August 4, 2017 at 7:01 am (3 weeks ago)

Your garden is simply stunning. A lovely place to sit and enjoy all Mother Nature has to offer.