This weekend, we are hosting a Groom’s Dinner tonight and a wedding ceremony tomorrow afternoon here at our home.   The challenge all summer has been keeping the garden in tip top shape through some pretty challenging weather situations…lots of heavy rain, hail and even damaging storms.  (Remember the downed tree and crashed fence a month ago?)  This week, we are experiencing rain fall totals in MN that are historic.  There is a small town not too far away from us that received 18″ of rain in one 24 hour period of time.  We, luckily, received just 4″ that same night.  More is on the way for today and tomorrow and we are crossing our fingers that we can squeeze in our events between showers.

I snapped a few pictures of the garden as it is now in the fall….fewer flowers bloom now, but at least the hydrangeas and coleus plants are their strongest at this time.  I will hopefully get some shots of the set-up tonight with all the lights on and candles glowing.img_0233

Our bedrooms are all filled with family from out of town so the house is hopping and I have lots of food prep for tonight to do.  So, as the sun comes up…another busy day ahead.

img_0287img_0282img_0267img_0275img_0254img_0252img_0246img_0253img_0242 img_0239img_0237
img_0256 img_0265

30 Comments on I DO, I DO

1. donna moore
    October 4, 2016 at 8:08 pm (2 years ago)

Your gardens are always gorgeous. You always inspire me.

October 5, 2016 at 7:08 pm (2 years ago)

Now that the temperatures are changing the garden is rapidly changing as well. We have a few weeks left of color, but soon we will have a frost and all that will come to an end. After a busy summer of gardening, I am always ready for a break.

2. Linda Priester-Montoya
    September 30, 2016 at 10:13 am (2 years ago)

Your garden is still pleasingly beautiful, Lynette. I pray this is a blessed time for you and all your family.

October 5, 2016 at 7:09 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you. Soon, the garden will be cleaned up for winter so I can start all over again in the spring.

3. Susan Webb
    September 27, 2016 at 12:39 am (2 years ago)

Garden wedding are just prefect! You had lots of color too. Loved the final pic of the wreath. Hope it went well. We just had a wedding in our family last month (August20), held outside beside the Allegheny River in Tionesta. Humid high but no rain; reception inside and it did cool off around midnight! I made the bride’s wedding veil, made all the flowers (7 bokays, 4 corsages, 18 boots and 68 centerpieces. Whew!) and finished a flannel quilt for my son and his new bride too. A lot of work = a lot of fun! Hope your’s was happy too

October 5, 2016 at 7:12 pm (2 years ago)

Our wedding was challenged by heavy rain but we did get the groom’s dinner and ceremony in between showers. Adds a bit of stress to the process. I will get a few pictures from my outdoor party posted soon.

4. Debra
    September 26, 2016 at 10:05 am (2 years ago)

Your yard is gorgeous, hope everything went off without a hitch.

October 5, 2016 at 7:16 pm (2 years ago)

We had quite a rain event but got the groom’s dinner and ceremony the next day in between showers. The outdoor reception was another whole story. We are referring to that night as the Titanic wedding. Heavy rain in late September just isn’t normal here, but I guess that is the chance you take when planning and entire wedding weekend outdoors. When it wasn’t raining, it was beautiful.

5. Joan Carmody
    September 24, 2016 at 6:07 pm (3 years ago)

Wow….it looks beautiful! I will keep my fingers crossed that you have beautiful weather for your special night!

6. Michele Stenson
    September 24, 2016 at 4:28 am (3 years ago)

so beautiful and enjoy your weekend!

October 5, 2016 at 7:18 pm (2 years ago)

The rain stopped 5 minutes before the guests arrived. We hustled, wiped everything down and set up and went forward with the outdoor dinner. Then the evening was perfect.

7. Debbie Sander
    September 24, 2016 at 2:41 am (3 years ago)

As always so beautiful and rustic.

8. Jackye
    September 24, 2016 at 1:14 am (3 years ago)

Your yard is beautiful. I can see why someone would want to be married there. I’ll pray for good weather for you.

October 5, 2016 at 7:20 pm (2 years ago)

Weather was tricky…lost of rain but we did get the dinner and ceremony in between the rain storms. It sure made everything look lush.

9. Lois Wylde
    September 24, 2016 at 12:28 am (3 years ago)

Absolutely beautiful. I do hope the weather holds for you and you have a glorious week-end with family and friends. I have sincerely loved your many talents for many, many years..

October 5, 2016 at 7:24 pm (2 years ago)

The rain was a challenge, but friends and family were great. Just getting back to normal around here now. It takes a week to just get everything back in shape. We have a few weeks left of brilliant color before frost hits and then the landscape
      changes dramatically. No weeding to do, the falling leaves cover all of that.

10. Grace
    September 23, 2016 at 11:38 pm (3 years ago)

Lovely garden! I MISS gardening so much. What a beautiful site for a wedding. Rain makes for a happy marriage. My best wishes to the bride & groom on their nuptials and many years of wedded bliss!

October 5, 2016 at 7:25 pm (2 years ago)

If rain makes a happy marriage, they are going to be ecstatic for a long time.

11. Martha Wells
    September 23, 2016 at 10:47 pm (3 years ago)

What a beautiful setting for a wedding! Best wishes for the new couple and for plenty of energy for you!

12. Dee J
    September 23, 2016 at 10:46 pm (3 years ago)

So Gorgeous!!

13. Andy Koenig
    September 23, 2016 at 9:59 pm (3 years ago)

Lynette—thank you so much for the stroll through your lovely gardens…your talent is so amazing! Good luck with tonight and the wedding tomorrow.

14. Sheila
    September 23, 2016 at 7:58 pm (3 years ago)

Wow, it is all very lovely. Perfect for a wedding.

15. Kathy McLaughlin
    September 23, 2016 at 7:54 pm (3 years ago)

Your photos just reaffirm why Autumn is my favorite time of the year.

16. Rosanna Flournoy
    September 23, 2016 at 7:51 pm (3 years ago)

What a gorgeous setting for a wedding! Hope the weather cooperates.

October 5, 2016 at 7:32 pm (2 years ago)

Well, it cooperated a little. We did get to hold the Groom’s Dinner outdoors as planned but it stopped raining 5 minutes before the guests arrived. We hustled to get everything wiped off, tables set, candles lit and food on the buffet table.
      I think everyone had a good time. The weather was okay for the ceremony, but an enormous rain event arrived just minutes after. The weather certainly added a lot of excitement.

17. Louise
    September 23, 2016 at 7:46 pm (3 years ago)

All looks so nice and ready for the party! Remember to breathe! And have fun!

18. Scarlett
    September 23, 2016 at 7:42 pm (3 years ago)

Lovely.

19. Sandra
    September 23, 2016 at 7:28 pm (3 years ago)

WOW!!! Your garden is amazing any time of the year!!

October 6, 2016 at 8:33 am (2 years ago)

Thanks…soon to be put to bed for the winter. A little rest for the garden and me.