My recent fabric collection, Garden Collage has been so much fun to work with making many new quilts.  The collection has a really great signature print in two color-ways with a host of coordinating side prints that work with both of the color-ways.  Now, with summer winding down, I hope you have a chance to make this wonderful quilt.

img_0221Spinners is a really fun quilt to make using the collection, but it would be a great quilt to have in your collection of quilts made from any fabric and a great scrap quilt option as well.

img_0205

screen-shot-2016-10-05-at-9-39-10-pm
FREE Spinners Pattern

Find more FREE patterns on VINTAGE THIMBLEBERRIES

img_0208

img_0207

18 Comments on FUN FABRIC, FUN QUILT

1. Heather
    October 9, 2016 at 12:53 am (3 years ago)

When will your new book be out?

October 10, 2016 at 8:23 am (3 years ago)

I think after the first of the year. I haven’t been given an exact date yet by the publisher. When I know, I will certainly let everyone know on my blog and I know Landauer will also be publicizing it as well.

2. Frances Anderson
    October 7, 2016 at 10:35 am (3 years ago)

All your new fabrics are just amazing! I can’t wait to have them to work with

October 10, 2016 at 8:24 am (3 years ago)

I think you will love working with them.

3. Martha Wells
    October 7, 2016 at 10:25 am (3 years ago)

What a lovely collection this is! I’ve been admiring the fabric “swatches” on RJR for a few months, waiting for the October arrival. I hope to do Spinners using your pattern and Cottage Flower with the light large floral. So far I have only located 13 of the 26 fabrics at one online quilt store. i will have to make some calls to the brick and mortar shops in my area to try to locate the others.

October 10, 2016 at 8:27 am (3 years ago)

If you need fabrics after your search, please contact me and perhaps I can help locate the fabrics you cannot find.

• Heather
        October 10, 2016 at 8:45 am (3 years ago)

I am also having trouble finding some of the Autumn Landscape fabric. The two that I am trying to find are a couple of the light greens used in your Autumn Star Shine quilt in the Fons and Porter magazine. It is the green grid (2764-001) and the green leafs (2762-001).

October 10, 2016 at 8:57 am (3 years ago)

First, please call Quilt Haven on Main at 888-843-8215. They did have that collection in their store a week or so ago, so they might be able to help you. If not, let me know what you need and I will try to find it.

Did Fons and Porter offer a kit for the Autumn Star Shine quilt?

• Tammy Batdorff
            November 14, 2016 at 3:27 am (3 years ago)

I contacted Fons and Porter regarding the kit. I was first told it would be available the first week of October. When it didn’t come out, I called again and the gal said they had trouble getting the fabric so they would NOT be making a kit for purchase. I, too, need the two greens 2764-001 and 2762-001 to make the Autumn Star Shine quilt. I have collected the other fabrics from various shops but the greens are elusive!

November 14, 2016 at 8:18 am (3 years ago)

Have you contacted Quilt Haven on Main? (888-843-8215) I had previously dropped off the remainder of my bolts so they could do kits. Perhaps they are out, too?

4. Janice Payne
    October 7, 2016 at 7:55 am (3 years ago)

Love your new collection. Are you planning a BOM with these fabrics?

October 10, 2016 at 8:31 am (3 years ago)

I am not doing a BOM for this Garden Collage collection; however, I am introducing a BOM at fall market that certainly could use the Garden Collage collection. I did make a sample to test the pattern in the Garden Collage collection and it is fabulous. I will put a picture up of it later this year after the pattern has been release to the shops.

5. Rebecca Ross
    October 6, 2016 at 10:11 pm (3 years ago)

I am really loving the colors in this collection! Makes me want to start another new quilt TODAY!

October 10, 2016 at 8:32 am (3 years ago)

They are fresh and so much fun to use and remarkably still relate to so many past Thimbleberries fabrics in case you have any left in your stash.

October 6, 2016 at 8:19 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks. Look for Garden Collage at your local quilt shop or check on line to find it.

6. Linda
    October 6, 2016 at 7:41 pm (3 years ago)

What beautiful fabric. I love it. Thank you for designing this new line.

October 6, 2016 at 8:22 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks…it has really been fun to work with. It has a wonderful range of colors in it that blend together seamlessly.
      I will have to post more photos of the group.