This salad can be made ahead and will keep in a covered container for a day in the refrigerator.
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp course mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs brussels sprouts discard discolored/wilted leaves, trim bottoms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup aged Gouda cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard and garlic, then whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Put the Brussels spouts into a large bowl and toss in the vinaigrette to coat the leaves. Season to taste with the salt and pepper and the red pepper flakes. Toss in the cheese.
- Serve garnished with the sliced toasted almonds. Serves 4 to 6.
Note: Shave the Brussels sprouts very thinly for a delicate slaw. This can be done in a food processor or hand cut.
This recipe calls for aged Gouda cheese, but a nice Pecorino or Parmesan is delicious as well.
To toast the almonds, spread on a baking sheet and toast in a preheated 350° oven until just light browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Share this Recipe